Tuesday 6 December 2016

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016



Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish". Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

December 6: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016

Aboulela, Leila "The Kindness of Enemies" - 2015

Abulhawa, Susan "Mornings in Jenin" - 2010

Ali, Sabahattin "Madonna in a Fur Coat" (Turkish: Kürk Mantolu Madonna) - 1943

Atkinson, Kate "Behind the Scenes at the Museum" - 1995

Filipović, Zlata "Zlata's Diary: A Child's Life in Wartime Sarajevo" (Bosnian: Zlatin dnevnik: otroštvo v obleganem Sarajevu)- 1993

Kulin, Ayşe "Rose of Sarajevo" (Turkish: Sevdalinka) - 1999

Maalouf, Amin "Samarcande" - 1988

Obama, Barack
"Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance" - 1995
- "The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream" - 2006

Steinem, Gloria "My Life on the Road" - 2015

Ulitzkaya, Lyudmila "Imago" or "The Big Green Tent" (Russian: Zelenyi shater/Зеленый шатер) - 2010

Looking at that list, this was a great reading year. I found so many new and interesting authors. Well, some of heir names were already familiar to me but I had never read anything by them. Others were completely new to me. But all in all, I found some wonderful books and some great new authors.

4 comments:

  1. You always have such eclectic taste in books. I step out of my comfort zone from time to time, but I'm not nearly as widely read as you. You're quite inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice of you to say that, Janet. I love the internet for always showing me new books, the friends I made here who share my passion and make me think further all the time.

      Have a merry Christmas,
      Marianne

      Delete
  2. Ah, the excitement of finding new authors to love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always one of the best part. Oh, if only we had more time ...

      Merry Christmas,
      Marianne

      Delete